Satisfaction Survey Evidence Linking our Social Responsibility Focus to Building our School Community
In the Spring of 2019, the annual Student Learning Survey was conducted with our Grade 4 and Grade 7 students. Along with the bank of questions created by the BC Ministry of Education, we created and asked two of our own questions to our students about our Social Responsibility Acronym: T.I.G.E.R.S.
In the Student Learning Survey, our students in grades 4 and 7 gave us strong evidence that our Social Responsibility Acronym, T.I.G.E.R.S., is a important part of building a strong community of people in our school. Our acronym T.I.G.E.R.S. () includes key values that we students, staff and parents feel are important to creating our community.
Our questions about our T.I.G.E.R.S. acronym were:
1. Do you think Tait T.I.G.E.R.S. words are helping you work more cooperatively with others?
• 82% of grade 4 students agreed or strongly agreed Tait T.I.G.E.R.S. words helped them to work more cooperatively with others
• 72% of grade 7 students agreed or strongly agreed Tait T.I.G.E.R.S. words helped them to work more cooperatively with others
2. At school are there opportunities for you to communicate what it means to be a Tait TIGER to others at school, at home, or in the community?
• 81% of Grade 4 students agreed they sometimes, many times or all the time had opportunities to communicate to others what it means to be a Tait TIGER
• 85% of Grade 7 students agreed they sometimes, many times or all the time had opportunities to communicate to others what it means to be a Tait TIGER
The Tait Staff agrees that these survey results give clear evidence our school-wide focus on common Core Values included in our Social Responsibility Acronym T.I.G.E.R.S. has had a positive effect on creating a common language between students, staff and parents and has helped to build and maintain our school culture and community. We will continue to build on thes results in the 2019-2020 school year.